AVC relies on the generous donations of people and organizations like yours who are invested in helping support our work and the work of African NGOs and volunteers committed to Africa’s future.
Africans don’t need handouts or ‘saving’, which is why every dollar and resource you donate to AVC is maximized to help people who are passionate about making the world a better place and already doing something about it. This is how we can use our resources to do the most good – by finding and supporting Africans who are doing good in their community and making their work more effective.
A few ways your donations help support AVC:
- $5 pays for a day of work for a volunteer
- $25 covers half a week of work at a local NGO
- $50 provides a week to 10 days of volunteering
- $150 supports a volunteer for an entire month
- $500 covers approximately 3 months of work for a volunteer
- $1,000 helps a volunteer for approximately 6 months
- $2,400 empowers a volunteer for an entire year
- $10,000 buys us our own car or a taxi so we can have a consistent local funding stream or pays the stipends for half our volunteers for an entire year
This money also:
- Allows AVC staff to visit NGOs for support and due diligence
- Provides cameras for the volunteers so they can document their story and share it with the rest of Africa and the world
- Enables professors, experts, and inspiring speakers to provide the best training to the volunteers and allow them to be true leaders
- Covers a volunteer at $20 per day for the orientation to prepare them for making a major impact in grassroots organizations